Math Tutoring Refund Policies

Math tutoring refund policies at mcstutoring are here to help you. If you do not use the entirety of your package of tutoring hours, you have a few options.

First Choice: Roll remaining time over to next year

First, if you have time remaining at the end of the academic year, you can roll your credit over to next year. Most choose this option. Any package you buy does not expire. It doesnít even end when your student graduates high school.

Some students have contacted me years into college or even into grad school to set more math tutoring sessions.

An Example:

One student bought a package of 10 hours her freshman year at Huntington Beach High School. She used 2 hours her first year, one hour to prep for her fall semester math final, and one hour to prep for her spring semester final. This pattern repeated for 2 more years. It wasnít until her senior year that she began to have more regular tutoring sessions for her AP Calculus class. For her, the original 10-hour tutoring package lasted from the fall of her freshman year until the fall of her senior year.

You can transfer/share your math tutoring package with a sibling or relative. 

Many families who work with me find the value of my tutoring services and begin to use me as the designated math tutor for all their students. You, too, can split/share tutoring packages between students in a family or even with other relatives. Just let me know that you are considering using your package to split between siblings or relatives. That way I can adjust the Acuity Scheduler to send reminder texts/emails to the correct person.

Third, you can request a refund

You can contact me for a refund of the unused portion of any math tutoring package you buy. There are 2 ways you can do this, dependent on how long ago you made your purchase.

Math tutoring Refunds for unused amounts within 180 days of purchase

If youíve bought the package within 180 days, you can receive a 100% refund for the unused amount. Paypal allows refunds, full or partial within 180 days of purchase, so this makes it easy.

For example, letís say you bought a package of 10 hours for $1,500 on March 1st of 2022. Perhaps youíve used 6 hours of this package and have 4 hours remaining. If you want your refund and do so within 180 days of March 1, 2022, you can receive the $600 credit. You will receive this amount through PayPal.

Refunds for unused amounts on purchases made over 180 days ago

In case youíve bought a package over 180 days ago, youíd receive 96% of the value of the remaining credit of the package (the 4% difference is to cover PayPalís transaction fees that are not refundable after 180 days). 

Using the example from above, you have $600 of credit. You would receive a check for $576. 

Math Tutoring Refund Policies: Conclusion

About half of the families I work with have a balance remaining at the end of their last studentís senior year of high school. Some of them ask for a refund soon after graduation, while others wait until their student has completed all their math requirements for their General Education requirements.

So, if you happen to have credit remaining on your tutoring package, please remember that the package does not expire. You can use it next year, the year after that, or even the following year. Or, you can transfer it to another student or request a refund.

Iíll take care of you.


By Martin

Martin McSweeney is a National Merit Finalist, Pomona College Graduate, and member of MENSA. He has worked at the Center for Talented Youth (Loyola Marymount University campus); Upward Bound (Harvey Mudd campus); various test prep companies; and Whittier High School. Now, Martin helps students of all abilities improve their relationship with math.